Information We Collect
- Information You Provide
- Contact Information: We may collect your personal information, such as your name, e-mail address, telephone number or postal code when you voluntarily submit that information to us through the Website by signing up to receive communications about the Service or other information from Baebies, or when you register or purchase the Services.
- Demographic Information: We may ask you to provide certain information about yourself or your baby when you use the Services, including demographic information such as your baby’s: name, due date or date of birth, gender, and ethnicity.
- Genetic and Health Information: In order to use the Services, you may also provide us with biological samples from your baby. Baebies will collect and create personal information about your baby associated with the sample(s) you provide, as necessary to provide the Services, such as your baby’s birth weight and gestational age at sample collection, and your health care provider’s information.
- Payment Information: Baebies or our trusted business partners may collect your payment card information, in order to process your payment if you choose to purchase the Services.
- Social Media: We may also collect personal information you post on our social media pages, such as Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter. For example, when you use these social media platforms (which we do not control), the social media site may allow Baebies to access information about you, such as your contact or demographic information, photo, or other information pertaining to your user profile that you agreed the social media site could make available.
We may collect your personal information (i.e., information from which you can be identified), such as your name, e-mail address, telephone number or postal code when you voluntarily submit that information to us through the Website by signing up to receive communications about the Eli service or other information from Baebies. We may also collect personal information you post on our social media pages, such as Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter. For example, when you use these social media platforms (which we do not control), the social media site may allow Baebies to access information about you, such as your contact or demographic information, photo, or other information pertaining to your user profile that you agreed the social media site could make available.
- Information Collected Automatically
We collect some information automatically when you visit the Website and typically aggregate such data and use it in a statistical form rather than using it to identify individual users. Examples include cookies, web beacons, or logs that may collect the type of Internet browser you are using, the type of computer operating system you are using and the domain name of the website from which you linked to our Website. We use this information, which remains in aggregate form, to understand how our visitors use our Website so that we may improve it and the services we offer. If a combination of information we collect does identify you as an individual, we will treat the combined information as personally identifiable information. The following are examples of how we use information automatically collected through our Website:
- IP Addresses: An Internet Protocol (IP) address is a set of numbers that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you log on to your Internet service provider or through your organization’s local area network (LAN) or wide area network (WAN). Web servers automatically identify your computer by the IP address assigned to it during your session online. The IP address can be used to tell us your general location.
- Google Analytics: Our Website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. (“Google”). Google Analytics uses “cookies” to help the Website analyze how users use the Website. The information generated by the cookie about your use of the Website (including your IP address) will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States in aggregate form. Google will use this aggregated information, on behalf of Baebies, for the purpose of evaluating your use of the Website, compiling reports on Website activity and providing Baebies with other services relating to Website activity and Internet usage. To learn more about Google Analytics and how you can opt out, visit https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
How We Use Your Information
We may use your information to:
- Personalize your experience, store your preferences, and provide user-experience features of our Website and to operate our business and provide our Services.
- Respond to your questions/requests, communicate with you, provide you with other updates and information related to our products and Services we think may be of interest to you.
- Manage and customize promotional offers we think may be of interest to you and to conduct data analysis and related activities.
- Maintain the security of our Website and Services, resolve or troubleshoot technical issues.
With your consent, we may also use your personal information to :
- Perform the Services, including collecting and processing your baby’s sample(s) and storing the sample and associated genetic information.
- Aggregate your personal information, including your baby’s genetic information or test results, with other information, in a way that does not identify you or your baby (Aggregate Data).
- Conduct quality improvement activities, trend analysis, and create marketing materials using Aggregate Data.
- Collaborate with research partners to support research activities and related initiatives.
When We Share Your Information
Baebies will not sell or rent personal information, including any genetic or health information that identifies your baby, to any third party unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may share your personal information with third parties when necessary to:
- Engage with select third-party business partners who provide Baebies with support services in connection with our Website or Services. Such parties may, from time to time, have access to your information to enable them to provide those services. For example, we engage with a physician group who will review your information to determine whether the Services are appropriate for your baby. We also partner with a genetic counseling service provider to answer your questions and discuss your baby’s results. All business partners are contractually required to meet the same standards of data protection as Baebies and are prohibited from using the information for other purposes or for their own marketing activities.
- Protect safety when we have reason to believe that disclosing the information is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to you, or otherwise injuring or interfering with Baebies’ rights, property or operations, other users of this Website, or anyone else who could be harmed by such activities.
- Comply with legal obligations, such as when required by law, or in response to any demand by law enforcement authorities in connection with a criminal investigation, or civil or administrative authorities in connection with a pending civil case or administrative investigation, or to enforce the Terms of Service.
- Conduct research and other activities for purposes you have authorized us to do by providing your consent (when applicable).
We also reserve the right to share your information in the event of a potential or actual merger or sale involving all or a part of our business, including any transfer made as part of insolvency or bankruptcy proceedings.
Our Website is intended exclusively for use by users in the United States and is not intended for use by or targeted to any users outside the United States. Our Website is hosted and operated entirely in the United States and is subject to United States law.
We maintain reasonable and appropriate physical, administrative, and technical safeguards designed to help safeguard information we collect or receive through our Website.
“Do Not Track Signals”
Our Website does not currently respond to “Do Not Track” signals.
Links to Other Websites and Services
Our Website is not directed to children (or anyone under age 18). We do not knowingly or intentionally collect information from children. If you are a parent or guardian and you believe your child has provided us with information, please contact us using the contact information provided below and we will delete such information from our systems.
Your Rights and Choices
You can choose not to give us personal information we request but in some cases, we will not be able to provide the service or respond to your request. You may also contact us at eliCares@eliScreen.com to exercise any of your rights and choices, which include the following:
- You may contact us to access personal information we maintain about you or to correct or amend such information if you believe it is incorrect or incomplete.
- You can opt-out of receiving emails from us, including promotional messages or updates about our services, by unsubscribing via the “Unsubscribe” link included in our email communications.
- You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the Website features. Our Website does not presently respond to browser-based do-not-track signals.
How to Contact Us